Skip to main content
Skip to navigation
whole wheat flour
- Measure out 1/4 C flour and 1/4 C water in a small bowl.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Leave the mixture out at room temperature covered with a loose-fitting lid or towel.
- Feed the starter with 1 tablespoon each of flour and water every day in the morning and at night and stir until mixed.
- You should start to see bubbles in the starter in about 3-5 days depending on the environment where you live. After 5 days your starter is probably active and ready to use.
- If you don’t think you’ll be baking for a few days, you can store your starter in the refrigerator and feed weekly or continue to store at room temperature and feed daily.